Saturday, June 23, 2012

On a More Positive Note

     That last post was quite a downer, so I'm re-focusing on the positive. Sometimes it takes a bit of an adjustment when life has been handing me so much to deal with all at once. Like they say "When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in the enemies eyes and run like Hell"....lol.
     Got our mailbox today at the Mail Center USA here in Corpus Christi. They are able to give me a local address and forward our mail to us when we are traveling. At $6.00 a month plus postage for forwards I'm thinking this is a reasonable way to go and the Ladies that work there are amazing. We've been mailing packages there for years so it's nice to be able to continue working with the same people. We will have our voting and driver license address at the brother-in-law's in Sandia. One more thing to check off the list!
     Picked up a box of old issues of Texas Highways and Arizona Highways magazine yesterday at a thrift store for $3. Going thru them and snagging ideas for our "Bucket Book". I'm putting together a 3 ring binder with ideas for the places and things that Joey and I would like to see. Major focus right now is the Texas area (Lord knows that could take years just by itself..ha), then branching out from there. 
     Need to stop reading books and sort more paperwork "stuff". Have to have all my little ducks in a row come moving day, but the allure of those hours of escape call their siren song...sigh. Kindle Fire is currently my enemy, well except for my word with friends, and reading a few special blogs, and checking facebook, and, and, and....hehe

Books I'm Reading:
 None Right Now....!

Books I Just Read:
"Effigies: A Faye Longchamp Mystery" by Mary Anna Evans (Another interesting murder mystery with colorful characters and all the twists and turns I love)

Quotes For The Day:
"I am driven by two main philosophies. Know more today than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." Nell deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist and director of the American Museum of Natural History's Hayden Planetarium (something to strive for!)

"When you're down to nothing, God is up to something." unknown

Thanks for stopping by. Be Blessed, but more importantly Be a Blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment