Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Couch Looks Inviting

     Mom and Dad Smith's apartment complex had a fire. The building right next to them is destroyed, but their's was safe. Thank You God! Got me thinking though... How horrible for all those Seniors and handicapped folks that only have social security or disability for income, with probably no renter's insurance of any kind. No way to replace their belongings or get another place to live. Many with no where to go. Several lost pets in the fire (possibly their only companion in their old age). Paints a desperate and oh so sad picture. On the plus side: there were no casualties and only a few minor injuries. A miracle in itself considering that it happened at 11:30 pm. Sooo keeping these Dear People in my prayers. Sending lots of positive thoughts and energy that direction.
     Dad Smith is recovering well from his knee replacement surgery. The physical stuff is going well, but we are concerned re his mental health. He's just not himself anymore and is confused a lot. His sense of humor and quick wit is sorely missing. Joey is at the hospital several hours each day. Sometimes they play checkers, but most times it's just to sit and watch tv together while Daddy snoozes between therapy sessions. I would love to spend more time with Daddy too, but I'm thinking that with my immune system dealing with the chemo-therapy right now it probably wouldn't be too smart to be hanging out at a hospital. Even though it is in the re-hab unit; the germs are there. Why push it?
     Experienced a minimum amount of side-effects this week when I started the shots. Just seem to be tired all the time. We'll see how it goes and I'll keep ya'll posted.
     Think we have buyers for some more of our bigger items. YES!! Don't know what we would have done without Craigslist.... it's amazing! Need to use what energy I can find to get the rest of our stuff gone through to get ready for the next yard sale. We made about $300 at the last one (not counting our big ticket items). Not bad for "stuff". Kept what was left to throw in with the next sale. So much to do and all I want to do is curl up on the couch (which is for sale too if anyone is interested...lol) and read a book. I'm really looking forward to getting things moved into the 5er I'll know just what I have left over to get rid of. Planning on moving it into town by mid July to start loading it up. Fun, Fun, Fun....!

What I'm Reading:
"Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins (ok, so I still haven't really gotten a serious start on this one cuz I got sidetracked by a "new to me" murder mystery series, but I'll try to get back to this soon. ok so it just might sit on my kindle awhile longer while I explore my new fav author: Ms Evans)

What I Just Read:
"Artifacts - A Faye Longchamp Mystery" by Mary Anna Evans (#1 of 7 archaeology student sleuth series set in Florida. Good murder mystery with lots of colorful characters and twists along the way. good read. will defiantly read more from this series.)
"Relics - A Faye Longchamp Mystery" by Mary Anna Evans (#2 of 7 Ms Evans has me hooked! I love the way she paints pictures with words, develops great characters and spins a yarn well. I"ll be moving onto the next book in the series soon. These books do tend to build on each other, but I think they could be read out of sequence without much problem.)

What's On My Needles:
Just finished another hat for the Baptist Seaman's Mission. Think I'll do some pretty chemo hats next for the ladies. The colors and patterns I've been using for the men's hats are Sooooo boring! At this rate I shouldn't have any problem reaching my hat a week or 52 hats for charity in 2012 goal.

Quote For The Day:
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Marcel Proust

"The Mad Hatter:  Have I gone mad?
Alice: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are!"

No comments:

Post a Comment