Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Search is On

     The search is on for a winter home. We have heard so much about all the places around here in South Texas near the coast being all booked for the winter months, so we are being pro-active and looking for something sweet now (and it still might be too late for some spots...sigh). We really like the Rockport, Texas area. Has a nice hippy/artsy feel and is located on the water (fishing-Yes!). They have lots of activities there that I'm interested in and if Honeyman has his fishing and tv he's all good...lol. So we spent the day today hunting. A few absolute "NO"s, but several maybes. Found one we both agreed would meet our needs and it's only $305 for winter monthly rate plus electric. I'll call them tomorrow when the office is open to see what kind of openings they have for November-Februaryish.

Took a few pictures of the Rockport area while we were there today.

The brown pelicans on this dock blend right in

A lot of jellyfish and crab in this breakwater area

A few of the delightful statues they have near the waterfront


(Sorry Judy, but I just had to borrow your clever idea when I saw this picture...lol)
The End


3 comments:

  1. 'The End' pictures are often interesting and fun. That's why I enjoy them so much. Many of mine are not planned, but just happen. :)

    Elaine, have you thought about eliminating that frustrating 'prove you're not a robot' word verification thing? It is really a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still real new to this blogging thing. I agree it's a pain. Are directions in the help section?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've removed the word verification. Please let me know if it's still an issue?

    ReplyDelete