Sunday, February 19, 2012

And So It Begins...

I don't know that I'll have anything profound or remarkable to share, but I hope that by sharing our experience, strength and hope with others; they may be inspired to live their lives to the fullest. That is truly our goal. My Honeyman Husband Joey and I are setting off on the adventure of a lifetime, and we would love the opportunity to share that with you. We hope you will join us as we learn how to live a more simple life that is filled with purpose.
So let me begin by introducing ourselves to you, if you aren't already aware of who we are.
My name is Elaine (family and close friends call me Lainy). I am originally from Northwest Washington, but found the man of my dreams in Texas 7 years ago; so here I am. Joey is a native Texan. We are both 50-somethings. I/we have 3 grown daughters and 5 grandchildren.
I am a student majoring in Sociology, and Joey is retired with a VA disability. Our dream/goal is to live simple lives that are filled with adventure. We are survivors and realize that life is too short, so make the most of what God has given us while we can still enjoy it.
With this attitude, we have set our dream in motion. We want to become full-time rv'ers and travel. That sounds so simple, but let me tell you there is nothing simple about letting go of 50+ years of accumulation and "stuff". I have read just about every book, e-book, blog, internet posting on simplicity, de-cluttering, and minimalism that's out there in search of an easy answer. There aren't any. Trust me... it all entails decisions and hard work. Downsizing our lives to the point where we can live comfortably in a 5th wheel trailer is probably one of the biggest jobs I've ever undertaken. I truly believe that the outcome will be well worth it though. There is a sense of freedom that comes from releasing old, worn, outdated dreams and things. Letting go of "what could have beens" and "what ifs" can really lighten your spirit.
We have recently purchased our truck (a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500-1 ton) and a 5th Wheel (2002 New Mar Kountry Star). Now the work really begins as we try to get everything ready for a life on the road. I have lists and projects that almost fill a spiral notebook. I will try to share our progress as we go along. Speaking of all that work; I better get back to it!
"By purging the excess from our homes, our schedules, and our minds, we empty our cups - giving us infinite capacity for life, love, hopes, dreams, and copious amounts of joy." Francine Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment