Sunday, July 22, 2012

From Treasures to Trash

     We managed to live through the final yard sale, but not without the help of our wonderful kids. Marissa and Adam really jumped in and made it happen. Lenae came over and helped during her break at work for a few hours. Katie helped keep the grand kids out of our hair so it was truly a family affair. I was certainly not at my best as Saturday is my "shot" day. I always feel off my mark on those days as the medicine makes it's way through my body. My recliner and knitting inside the air conditioned trailer were calling my name...Loud! Not going to happen though. My mantra went something like: Just a few more hours, just a few more hours, just a few more hours...
     Lessons were learned though. I learned that Stuff is just that: Stuff. I watched as my "treasures" were sold off at paltry sums while people were willing to pay top dollar for my trash...literally. I even had one Lady ask to buy our stained up, nasty rubbermaid trash can (it even had trash in it! although I did take that out before she hauled her new treasure away..lol). It was difficult to release so many things, but I kept focused on our Dream. We are starting a new life of Simplicity and Essential living. We had separated out what would fit in our plan, and had to let  go of the rest of the non-essential. By the end of the day we just wanted everything Gone! Hauled off what didn't sell to the secondhand donation site and Let It Go. Then came home and collapsed. Certainly didn't help that the temps were well into the 90's, but we met our financial goal and our "just get it outta here" goal.
     Now We/I just have to finish up the odds and ends that are left over, do the final cleaning and we are out of there. 10 days left to close that chapter of our book of life, and we can move forward with a Much lighter load.
     Our campground neighbors Norm and Sonja are going to be heading back home today, and they are going to be sorely missed. It's been great having such friendly, experienced rv'ers next door to bounce ideas off and learn from. We've decided to go ahead and check for vacancies here (Seabreeze RV Park, Portland, Tx) for the winter months, at least December and January so we can be closer to the kids for the holidays. I know that reservations at these places are made (sometimes) years in advance so we need to get our name on the list. Coastal Bend fills up with snowbirds come winter time and honestly I don't blame them. Winters here are wonderful. It's the summers I have major issues with. The only problem we've had here is the poor wifi signal strength, but we will have our own connection after the first of next month so that will be a non-issue.

Our Recent Mission Statement:
Our goal is to achieve a functional atmosphere of comfort,
cleanliness and simplicity that can operate with a minimum amount of stress.

2 comments:

  1. Getting ready to fulltime is an awful lot of work, but I found it such a relief when everything was done.

    I don't know why your comments don't show up on my blog. I didn't find them in the spam section either. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got it done though.! Just turned in the keys with just a few boxes at the 5er to finish sorting and filing. Now the fun can begin...right.?

      Delete