Friday, August 10, 2012

Slow Recovery

     Sorry I haven't been posting on here lately. Seems like we are both having a rough time recovering from all the stress and exertion that moving out of the house entailed. Doesn't help that we were dealing with heat indexes in the 105+ range daily. Gettin' too old for this nonsense! Like my daughter Lenae so aptly put it: "Now you don't have to worry about moving anymore, just take your house with you!"
     We have a few more odds and ends to finish up here, then we'll me heading out the 15th. Planning on going to a little hole in the wall place called the Hitching Post in Sinton, Tx for a couple weeks until we can get past my Dr's appt on the 22nd and Labor Day Weekend. By then all the kiddos should be back in school and family vacationers should be back in their sticks and bricks homes.
     We went up to Seguin to visit with Marissa, Adam and Ashlyn for a few days. Found a couple of nice campgrounds in that area on the Guadalupe River near their place. I'll be checking these out further to see if they have any openings for September. It would make a good home base for checking out that area. Central to so many of the places we'd like to explore further, and sounds like good fishing too.
Guadalupe River

     HoneyMan gave me an Overdrive Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot for my birthday next week. Didn't have any problem setting it up for the Kindle Fire, but the laptop was more of a challenge. Now that I've got them both hooked up online I'll be able to blog easier and surfing the net is a breeze! Running at 54 Mbps vs the 1Mbps that the rv park here provides with their antiquated wifi system. All this technology makes my brain hurt!
     I'm feeling pretty good today, so better get busy. We have a lot to do to get ready to pull out of here next week. Still refining and rearranging to make sure we only have what we absolutely need, love, and use with us.

What I'm Reading Now:
"Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins Book 2 of the Hunger Games Trilogy (couldn't help following up after finishing the Hunger Games. Now I'm wondering why...hmmm)
What I Just Read:
"The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins (mixed feelings about this book. Feels a lot like the Lois Lowry books (The Giver Trilogy, Number the Stars). Dark tales of a post apocalyptic world showing humanity at it's best vs it's worst. Scary to say the least. Several aspects of this book show shadows of history repeating itself. Well written, but very negative. Key word: Dark) 
Quote For The Day:
"A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner." English Proverb

1 comment: